Extension and refurbishment of historic villa
Renovation and extension of a manor-house built in 1812. The extension adds car and bike-parking, stairwell, swimming pool, changing rooms, a guest house and storage for the main house. The low volume is clad in horisontal panelling in tune with the existing villa, with roof lanterns for daylight and views up to the pine canopies above. The swimming pool is buried into the ground with clerestory windows and stone walls concealing it into the garden. The main house is refurbished with a modern kitchen, new visual axis through new and old as well as access onto a roof terrace on the extension.